- fully understand your target markets’ wants and needs;
- convince them how product or service can benefit them, and
- describe how your product or service has better value and superior qualities than other similar products or services.
Below we have listed 9 persuasive advertise techniques that will help you gain customers, and grow your small business .
- Avante Garde– “Favoring or introducing experimental or unusual ideas”, the Avante Garde technique is used to suggest to customers that your product or service will put them ahead of their time, i.e. “be on the cutting edge” or “stay one step ahead of the trend”.
- Bandwagon– Following the same trends that other people are doing. The bandwagon technique is used to encourage customers to join the crowd, by buying and using a specific product because of its popularity, i.e. “don’t miss out”.
- The Anti-Bandwagon– This technique is the opposite of the bandwagon technique. The anti-bandwagon method is used to encourage people’s individuality, to be different and have their own likes and dislikes, to buy a service or product not many other people are talking about.
- Emotional Appeal– Advertisements that attempt to get an emotional response from the consumer. The emotion can range from happiness, sadness, pain, guilt, etc. Using the emotional technique allows you to attract consumers based on their personal feelings towards your product or service.
- Humor- Who doesn’t enjoy a good laugh? Humor is a great way to get people in a good mood and create a good image, idea, and attitude towards your product or service.
- Slogan/ Logos– Your logo and slogan should be something that represents your product or service well. A slogan is a phrase used to define your product, that people will remember and catch on to. People associate the logo and slogan of a brand to a personal level and the product. Having a good, compelling slogan and using it within your advertising message is key to building brand awareness.
- Repetition– Showing your advertisement on multiple platforms/media sources, more than once is important if you’re really looking to make an impact. The more exposure you get, the more people will see your ad and remember the product or service.
- Glowing Generality– Words or phrases used to evoke a positive feeling in customers. (Good examples are Freedom, peace, and, home.)
- Testimonial– Using a quote/testimonial from a “celebrity-of-sorts” within your advertising helps others know that your product/service is “that” important and the fact that other influencers/celebrities find it valuable implies that they will too.
persuasive ad is an efficient way to build awareness, reach potential customers and increase sales. Whether it is towards a specific raceway, historic period, sex demographic, these persuasive ad techniques help trigger people ’ mho emotions, opinions, and buying demeanor. The 9 techniques above can be used to convince potential customers whether or not your product or service can benefit them. If you have any questions regarding persuasive advertise or creating an ad political campaign, please feel unblock to reach out… We ’ rhenium always happy to help !
Danielle Foley, Owner
Foley Marketing Advisors
dfoley @ foleymarketingadvisors.com
Read more: Transfer — Propaganda Critic