Example of Name Calling
| identify calling is the rehearse of using abusive descriptions of others. It ‘s considered young in adults, and generally useless as a colloquial technique. It ‘s actually a crop of insults, normally of a very low standard of misuse. There are exceptions to this type of custom, however, where the names are humorous and not malicious .
Name-calling, typical used by children is the act of applying a negative term or label to describe a person or their actions. Children will frequently use words such as ”stupid ”, ”baby ”, ”ugly ” or early when speaking to their siblings or friends. Parents can besides sometimes get caught up in using alike words when trying to diffuse these situations. These negative labels such as ”childish ”, ”selfish ”, ”mean ” or ”lazy ” often work their way into their vocabulary when trying to discipline a child. Some examples could be :
- You are being so childish!
- Why are you being so mean to your sister!
- That was very selfish and rude.
regardless of the give voice, the label of ”childish ” or ”mean ” will affect the child greatly. These labels will have a veto impression on the child ” sulfur feelings and would be seen as an diss ( or name calling ) .
How to Stop Name-Calling
Reading: Example of Name Calling
The best and easiest way to stop Name-calling is to be a model to your children. This means that as a rear, you must never use negative labels when disciplining your child. immediately as a parent, you may ask how will you correct your child without using a negative label ? A bare trick to remember is this : If you find yourself wanting to use a negative label to describe your child ” randomness behavior such as ”rude ”, replace this pronounce with a news that means the opposite, such as ”polite ”. rather of saying ”You are being natural ”, you can say rather, ”You need to be civilized when talking to your baby. ” Using the desired label alternatively of the negative one not only describes the behavior you expect to see from your child, but besides provides an case of how you want them to talk to each other. This method helps teach them the goals you want them to learn and your children will turn out to be the smart, civil, helpful and honest individual that you hope they grow up to be. Children must HEAR these words systematically in order for them to become deep-rooted into their minds. If all they hear are words like ”lazy ”, ”selfish ”, or ”stupid this is all they will believe they are capable of .
Replace such words as :
rather of saying such phrases as :
Use these methods to provide a model for your children and remember this besides applies to you and your spouse ( do not call each other names. ) You can besides help your children by explaining a few key concepts :
- Make sure your children know that name calling can be harmful and hurt people. Explain how they can express their frustration and annoyance when they are upset without name-calling or insults. Tell them it is ok to use key phrases such as: I disagree, or I do not like it when you do that, or I do not think that is a good idea, etc.
- Explain to them very clearly the consequences of name-calling. Set a punishment for these actions and stick with it.
- It is a parent”s responsibility to apply the consequence EVERY SINGLE TIME you hear name calling. If there is no improvement after a few weeks, implement a different consequence and keep trying.
Examples of mention Calling :
literal : You atrocious son of the wrong end of a camel.